Friday, September 18, 2009

And now I´m in Barcelona...

....after an excessive plane ride, I´ve arrived today, along with 16 other exchange students from CIEE and a bunch more from other countries and programs. We will be doing some touring and orientation here.

Wednesday: go to a hotel in Boston, meet a bunch of strangers and forcibly bond with them. Learn a bunch of useless non-information that was already summarized in the tiny booklet we were given. Go into the hot tub. Watch half of Pulp Fiction in my room.

Thursday: Wake up at 7 to go on a duck tour (no idea why) and then go to Harvard Square for lunch. Carry the most fatass suitcase in the universe (alias Bertha) to various buses and get on a plane at 4:30.

The Blurish Plane Bit From Thursday to Friday: Sick on the plane, terrible gossip magazines centered around celebrity twitter updates, scrabble on my itouch, listening to Why?, crying and panicking about what the hell I have gotten myself into partially due to pure unadulterated exhaustion, excessive amounts of carbs, more sick on the plane, no sleep, maybe a little sleep, Germany, cookie dip packs with nutella, why no coffee??, and then suddenly...

Friday: Staying in a Youth Hostel, its like sleepaway camp. Just arrived in Barcelona, and my jet lag is a little weird, but not too bad. And now we will soon go on a bus tour.

Also: read No Exit (Sartre play) and it was completely fabulous, loved it, fitting to my mood too ("Hell is...other people") beautifully written, fabulously funny, and thought provoking.

I miss people already.

5 comments:

  1. boohoo! Sick on the plane...:(
    well, get some sleep and some coffee or else some coffee and some sleep...say buenas dias to Gaudi for me
    <3
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( sending lots of hugs and kisses from NY. it seems far away now, but youll enjoy yourself! yesyesyes!

    we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO EXIT <3

    yesss bask in the gaudi while you're there. be a regular old vicki.

    iloveyou i'm keeping up with you. though the idea of hostel doesn't sound too... uh... pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES GAUDI i <3

    the hostel really wasn't that bad.

    lolz vicki

    and yes MISS YOU ALL

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I wrote a post. But then blogger screwed up. Summary: Sorry for taking No Exit, but it rocks and thus thank you for "letting" me borrow it. However, I feel creepy because now I have a random Polaroid of you and some girl that I guess you were using for bookmarks.

    Also my room is dirty again you better come back soon :]

    ReplyDelete