Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bye Bye Long Island

Yesterday and the day before I went to school. I gathered my textbooks, talked to my teachers, and worked out what I'm going to do about my math class(and all my other classes) and how I'm going to make up the work. So many essays! And when I get back, so much work! My classes seem fantastic, I'm really sad to leave them behind, and miss so much. It seems like if I hadn't been doing this trip then they would be easy, as well. I signed up for art club and jillion other things, and I'm sad to miss all of those.

But mostly I'm just glad to be out of there. Two days was more than enough. I am going to miss Meg like an insane puppy though Others from school as well, but I'm particularly reminded of her because she just left after coming over my house to say goodbye. We listened to music and danced and tried on a bunch of my clothes. It was fun, but it was weird to watch her close the front door and know that I wouldn't see her face in person until January, and this is one of my very best friends.

HEY MEG I WILL MISS YOU SO MUCH

And others. but I didn't get to say a proper goodbye to so many people. its a little odd. how quickly things disappear.

I packed today. Watched the first four Lost episodes too, but mostly packed. Especially important considering that I hadn't really packed at all until today. I have so many things, and I'm so oddly attached to them. Piles and piles of objects that I find I can't spend 4.5 months without. And I get so frantic about which I will bring. And really they don't matter.

Its so odd how much I will miss my things. Just having access to all my books, and music, and LiLi(my lion pillow, its too big to bring) and all of my clothes, and my magazines, and my incense, and my penny collection, and my grandma knitted love blankets, and all of my jewelry that I never use anyway and my hair products and my lullabye CDs and my sweaters and all of my shoes and all my old notebooks and my art supplies and infinite amount of the lotion that I like and all the foods I like. that sentence didn't work so well. But having that access is comforting, even though I won't need all that stuff.

My room is maybe clean.

Long island may be lame, but I'll miss the beaches, I'll miss my room, I'll miss my friends, I'll miss my family,and I'll just miss being at home. Because that is what it is, that I'll miss most. Home. The whole vibe that word encompasses. Let it sink in.

Good-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment